Applicants sought for five board vacancies
The Board of County Commissioners is seeking applicants for positions on the following five boards:
- The Haywood Community College Board of Trustees – one at-large position;
- The Haywood County Planning Board – one full-time farmer;
- The Region A Area Agency on Aging Regional Council – one at-large position;
- The Haywood County Department of Social Services Board of Directors – one at-large position;
- The Haywood County Recreation Advisory Board – two vacancies, District 1 – Townships of White Oak, Cataloochee, Crabtree, Fines Creek and Iron Duff, and District 4 – Clyde Township. Applicants must reside within the district.
Application forms may be downloaded from the Online Services section of the county website, www.haywoodnc.net; or picked up from the County Manager’s Office, Haywood County Courthouse, Third Floor, 215 North Main Street, Waynesville, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Completed applications may be returned to the County Manager’s Office or attached to an email to Amie Owens, email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 5 p.m., Friday, June 7, 2013. For more information, contact the county manager’s office at 828-452-6625.