Community Volunteer Opportunities
Agencies throughout Haywood County are seeking volunteers for many different jobs. If you can help, even for one hour a week, you can make a difference!
- MEALS ON WHEELS –need to drivers to fill routes-especially in Bethel area
- SPECIAL OLYMPICS- coaches and mentors, practice starts soon
- THE OPEN DOOR- assistance in the dining room/kitchen, thrift shop, food pantry
- HAYWOOD COUNTY ARTS COUNCIL- variety of arts related jobs
- HAYWOOD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE- needs help working at the office
- REACH- Hotline volunteers, Thrift store workers
- GOOD SAMARITAN CLINIC- needs front desk office help
- SMOKY MT. HEALTH CARE & REHAB CENTER- assist with activities
- HAYWOOD CO TDA VISTOR CENTERS- looking for assistance to man centers, greet people
- HAYWOOD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE- person to man phones, greet customers
- HAYWOOD BAPTIST RELIEF CENTER- help in food pantry, thrift store
- LIFEWORKS- assist women w/job skills- needs drivers, meal coordinator
- THE GREAT LAURELS OF JUNALUSKA- assist with odd and ends projects for residents.
- PATHWAYS THRIFT STORE- process items, clerks
- GUARDIAN AD LITEM - advocates in the court system for children who are abused or neglected.
- KARE- Light Reception, mornings, Personal Safety Program
- HEALTH HAYWOOD- partner to keep our County healthy
- THE ARC OF HAYWOOD COUNTY- facility maintenance & office work.
- HABITAT FOR HUMANITY – needs help building houses, help at the Habitat Store
- THE COMMUNITY KITCHEN- looking for cooks, servers, assistance w/fundraiser
- AMERICAN YOUTH SOCCER ORG- referees, line painters, concession stand
- AUTUMN CARE- Sit with a friend, teach a craft to the seniors
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS- in need of Big Brothers and Sisters in the community and school programs
- SARGES ANIMAL RESCUE- transport drivers, foster homes for cats & dogs, office help
- FRIENDS OF THE SMOKIES- help with outreach programs
- HRMC HOSPICE – new opportunities at the Homestead House, greeters, answer phones
- HAYWOOD COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY- assortment of jobs throughout the library
- STAR RANCH- help care for abused horses and assist with homeless cats
- HAYWOOD CHRISTIAN MINISTRY- receive donations of clothing & goods, 4 hour shifts
- HAYWOOD WATERWAYS ASSOC- assistance with collecting water samples
- HAYWOOD SPAY/NEUTER- office, spay/neuter on-site transport help (loading, unloading, assisting clients, prepping crates), and trap-neuter-return
- BETHEL RURAL COMMUNITY ORG. -man food bank pantry for needy, 2nd Wed monthly
- HAYWOOD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER AUXILLIARY- front desk, patient escorts
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program: If you are over 55 years of age, you can receive a limited amount of mileage coverage and supplementary insurance while you are volunteering.
For more information, call John at the Volunteer Center 356-2833
Visit us at www.hjvc.org or on Face Book