DSS taking heating assistance applications through March 31
The Haywood County Health and Human Services Agency (formerly Haywood County Department of Social Services), continues to take applications for North Carolina’s Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) for eligible households.
To be eligible, a household that applies must:
- · Have at least one U.S. citizen or non-citizen who meets the eligibility criteria
- · Meet an income test
- · Have reserves at or below $2,200
- · Be responsible for its heating bills
Payments are made directly to vendors. No check will be mailed directly to the applicant or household member. Payments are $200, $300, or $400 based on household size, income, and heating source.
Applications can be made at the Haywood County Health and Human Services and Central Permitting building located at 157 Paragon Parkway, Clyde, NC 28721.
Individuals will need to bring the following information with them when they come in to apply:
- · Identification
- · Proof of all income
- · Utility bill (if not in your name, proof of responsibility for payment must be verified) or vendor information (i.e. utility statement with account name and number or name of fuel company to be used)
- · Social security numbers for all members of the household when available
Applications will be taken through March 31 or until funds are exhausted. For more information call 452-6620.