Feb. 13, reader letters
Reflections on our community
To the editor:
It is hard to believe it was a month ago that our little house burned here in Waynesville. Through the shock, sadness, transition and confusion two things have remained consistent in our minds. First, how very blessed we are to live in a community so caring & responsive, with friends, family, and neighbors support. Second, how very important it is to tell everyone how to avoid the simple, innocent act that caused the fire. Please know that I would not bother writing this if it did not seem it could help others.
Our home caught on fire from a plastic power strip, the type you plug in several devices to keep things safe. It has been explained to us that unfortunately those plastic devices, most often made in China, are not subject to the same ...