HCC TO OFFER SEMINAR ON MARKETING FOR THE CRAFTSPERSON & ARTIST
The Small Business Center of Haywood Community College will offer a free seminar entitled “Marketing for the Craftsperson & Artist Part I”, on Thursday afternoon, September 13. This popular program will be held from 2:00 to 5:00 PM on campus in the Student Center Auditorium, first floor and will aid the craftsperson or artist in developing a marketing plan aimed at increasing sales and profit. This hands-on seminar will also emphasize excellence in product as well as efficient ways to broaden public awareness through effective advertising. The workshop will focus on:
- How to begin letting the world know about you and your craft
- How to keep track of those important “no fun” expenses to insure your profitability
- Pricing to insure survival and what to do if your product isn’t selling
- How to approach independent shops and galleries
On Friday morning, September 14, from 9 am until noon, “Marketing for the Craftsperson, Part II” is offered at the same location. This fast-paced, information-packed, humorous three hours details how to best market your business image…on a low or no-budget plan. Learn how to establish a marketing plan that is designed to increase your bottom line. Discover if you need a logo and find out where to get one. Identify ten “no cost” ways to effectively advertise. Analyze why customer service is your most important marketing tool. As a unique feature of the program, attendees are encouraged to bring samples of their product to the seminar. The workshop will focus on:
• Selling through craft fairs; includes how to find out about available shows and all those little things about shows you may not know
• Selling through trade shows
• Designing your booth at shows and why presentation is so important
• Successful marketing tips, including press releases, business cards and gift tags
• Designing your own logo, business card, flyer or brochure.
• Exploring the very essence of exactly what your marketing story needs to say.
The presenter for this topic is Linda Rozelle of Greensboro, NC. Rozelle has a diverse background in commercial art, has designed hundreds of corporate identity programs nationwide and has been nationally recognized for excellence in advertising. For several years, audiences have found Roselle’s creativity and humor a captivating vehicle as she delivers a strong message for the small business owner and entrepreneur. A specialist in cartooning, these free seminars are as entertaining as they are informative. For more information or to preregister, call The Small Business Center at 627-4512.