HRMC Foundation mini grants improve patient care
The Haywood Regional Medical Center Foundation recently awarded several mini grants to various departments throughout the organization, which helped create greater efficiencies and improve patient care. Some of the recent grants include:
• $7,000 to the Health & Fitness Center for replacement of fitness equipment
• $6,990 to Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program for Cardiovascular Exercise Equipment
• $4,250 to the hospital’s laboratory for equipment
• $3,000 to security for radio equipment
• $2,500 to the pharmacy for equipment that will allow a clinical pharmacist to be more accessible to patients
• $2,469 to the Hospice & Palliative Care and HomeCare Program for patient care equipment
• $5,600 to surgical services for equipment used in surgical procedures
• $4,000 to the Behavioral Health Unit for specialized team trainings
• $3,291 to Rehabilitation Services for specialized equipment
• $3,500 to the cardiopulmonary program for wireless equipment
• $2,200 to administration for a Community and Staff Interactive Audience System
• $3,694 to the Outpatient Care Center for waiting room furniture
• $1,550 to the Behavioral Health Unit for equipment
These grants are in addition to the recently announced $400,000 donation to the hospital to remodel the fourth floor.
For the community at large, the HRMC Foundation has made a gift of $2,000 for scholarships to high school seniors in Haywood County who are pursuing a degree in health care.
“These mini-grants awarded by the HRMC Foundation to our individual departments are another example of the generosity shown by our community. We are so thankful for these gifts, because they indicate the level of support our community has for their community hospital,” said Janie Sinacore-Jaberg, president and CEO of MedWest Haywood.
HRMC exists to assist and promote charitable giving and philanthropy on behalf of Haywood Regional Medical Center and to promote fundraising in support of MedWest Haywood.