Library to host discussion on Affordable Care Act
The Mountain Projects certified Health Care Navigator team will conduct a community educational session from 5:00-6:30 pm., Tuesday, Oct.15, at the Waynesville branch of the Haywood County Public Library. The public is invited to attend.
The presentation will include:
- A basic overview of the Affordable Care Act and new programs available to consumers, small business employers (SHOP) and employees of small businesses;
- Consomer Protection and Privacy/Consent Forms;
- Exemptions,Cost Savings and Tax Credits;
- What to have ready for enrollment;
- Open enrollment dates/deadlines;
- How to enroll or just use healthcare.gov to learn more about options for affordable coverage; and
- Navigator Coverage for WNC through Mountain Projects, Community Action Agency Community Agency Partnerships and Volunteer Opportunities.
For more information, contact Jan Plummer, Health Care Navigator Coordinator at Mountain Projects, at 828.452.1447, ext. 115, or contact the library at 828.452.5169.