MusicWorks! Studio of Performing announces summer arts camps, programs
MusicWorks! Studio of Performing Arts is currently registering for their summer arts programs and camps.
Interested parents and students are invited to stop by the studio located at 9 Forga Plaza Loop in Waynesville to tour the facility, watch classes in progress, and discuss camp options with a knowledgeable staff member, or are welcome to phone the studio at 456-2283 to schedule a private registration session or to register by phone.
Following are the breakdowns of the camps offered this summer:
- · Celebrate Dance — Spend the week learning new skills, polishing technique, and of course, having fun in a variety of dance styles including: ballet, tap, lyrical/contemporary, character, hip hop and acting. This camp has sections for ages 3 and up.
· Broadway Babies — If your rising K-2nd grader is yearning to be a triple threat, than this camp may be more your style. This is a perfect camp to introduce the youngest students to the world of musical theater song and dance by studying age-appropriate music and choreography, and learning the basics of acting and stage direction.
· The Lion King — Rising 3rd grade and up campers will use the hit Disney musical as their camp source material and take beginning steps into the skills of line memorization, developing characters and having fun. This mini-version of the full-length show will contain a collection of selected songs such as “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” and “Hakuna Matata,” dancing and scene work developed by the students.
· Annie — Rising 2nd through 6th graders will be singing and dancing their way to Easy Street in this musical adventure camp. From scrubbing the floors to shine like the top of the Chrysler Building to Daddy Warbuck’s fancy mansion, campers will explore the world of their favorite spunky heroine, along with her loyal sidekick dog, Sandy.
· Advanced Musical Theater Camp — The Peanuts Gang, everyone’s favorite comic strip characters will burst onto the summer stage featuring songs from the hit musicals “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown” and “Snoopy.” Campers will also explore songs and choreography from other hit Broadway shows such as “Hairspray,” “Bye Bye Birdie,” “Into the Woods” and “Fosse.” This camp is designed for students with a strong interest in musical theater, who have a desire to push themselves to their theatrical limits. Daily classes will include dance, acting, voice, ensemble preparation, scene and character study, auditioning techniques and much more!
To receive more information on dates and prices for these camps, or for any of our fall semester classes, please visit us on Facebook or phone the studio at 456-2283.
MusicWorks! Studio of Performing Arts was established in 2002 by Lynne Wells-Meyer with the objective to provide children and young adults the opportunity to discover and express their talents in the performing arts. Through enrollment in drama, dance and music classes, group master classes, private lessons and participation in stage productions, students also develop public speaking skills, build self confidence, focus and self-esteem.