Nearly 100-year-old dental practice is thriving
Dr. Eric Morrison, DDS, along with the Haywood County Chamber of Commerce, celebrated his nearly 20 years of dentistry with a ribbon cutting Sept. 11.
In 1993, Morrison continued Dr. Phil Medford’s dental practice, which was started in 1918 by Dr. Nick Medford, who grew up in the Ironduff community.
Nick Medford, one of 13 children, graduated from Western Carolina University and went on to earn a dental degree from Atlanta Dental College (formerly known as Emory). He partnered with Dr. Thomas Hargrove in Canton for a short time during the war, and then opened an office in 1925, in the Masonic Temple Building (now known as The Gateway Club), across from the present location at 62 Church St. In 1948, Phil Medford joined his father, Nick, and practiced on Main Street in downtown ...