Senior art contest begins
The Senior Resource Center, 81 Elmwood Way, in Waynesville announced a Senior Art Contest.
The contest will include entries in oil, watercolor, pencil drawing, and sketch. Contest rules are:
• Open to all seniors 55-plus as of Feb. 28, 2012
• Art work must be at least 5x7 inches, but not larger than 11x14 inches
• Work does not need to be framed.
• Entry should be ready to hang with wire (no saw tooth hangers)
• Subject matter should be appropriate for family viewing (no nudes, etc.)
• Put name, address, and telephone number on the back of the entry
• Maximum of three entries per person allowed.
Entries will be accepted beginning Monday, Jan.14, and the deadline for entries is Tuesday, Jan. 29. Entries will be accepted from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, at the Senior Center.
There will be a reception, with the artists and public invited, from 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31.
All entries will be on display at the Senior Center for the month of February.