September Healthy Tips & Opps
Monthly Healthy Tip
Every day, consciously or not, we establish goals to accomplish daily tasks.
With the Fitness Challenge just weeks away, now is the time to "go public" with your health intentions. Make a plan to set specific goals with the appropriate steps necessary for success.
THINK about your health and habits. TALK with your family, friends or doctor about your plans for improving health. FORMULATE a written action plan for improving exercise and nutrition.
SIGN UP for the Fitness Challenge the first week of October.
Monthly Healthy Opportunities
FITNESS CHALLENGE REGISTRATION
Registration runs from October 1st – October 5th
- Monday October 1– Urban Athletics (8am-7pm)
- Tuesday October 2 – Waynesville Recreation Center (8am-7pm) KICKOFF
- Wednesday October 3 – MedWest Health & Fitness Center (8am-7pm)
- Thursday October 4 – Cooperative Extension (8am-7pm)
- Friday October 5 – The Fitness Connection (10am-4pm)
- COST – Only $10.00
- All Ages
- 24 visits in 6 weeks
- The FITNESS CHALLENGE begins October 1st & last through November 11th
- Check www.healthyhaywood.org often for updates
- Arthritis Walking Program - Waynesville Rec Center / Tues. & Thurs / 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. & 1 - 2p.m. /
- WCU PEAKS (evening) 5K - Cullowhee / Friday, September 21 / 8p.m. /
Bring glow stick, headlamp or flashlight / www.active.com
- Mountain Heritage Day 5K - WCU, Cullowhee on Saturday September 29 / 8a.m. /
www.claws.wcu.edu/sma/5K or contact David Tyler at email@example.com
- A series of films addressing the Health and Well Being - Of individuals, our communities and our planet. Presented at Discovery Wellness through the Maggie Valley Club Activities Program. Following each showing will be an optional discussion circle. This series is being offered as a community service and is FREE! RSVP Carol @ 550-4440.
This month’s film: "The Living Matrix" / The New science of Healing / Thursday September 27th @ 7:30pm
This film presents new insights that science is revealing regarding the intricate web of factors that determine our health and well being. Based on the latest research, find out how you can enliven your body’s own self healing capabilities and transform your ideas about how you can get well and stay well.
- Emergency Need for Blood Donors Now - Donations are down more than 10 percent across the country resulting in 50,000 fewer pints of blood than expected. Your donation is needed. Haywood County and Mountain Projects, Inc. employees are partnering to offer Haywood county residents a location to donate. Whether you are a regular donor or a first time donor, this will be a great time to give!
Make an Appointment Now http://bit.ly/arcappeal
- Blood Drive - At the Senior Resource Center / 81 Elmwood Way, Waynesville /Thursday September 6 /
10a.m. - 2p.m. / 452-2370 or 356-2816 / "Walk ins will be welcome"
- Blood Drives Information - 1-800-Red-Cross 1-800-733-2767
Brought to you by HEALTHY HAYWOOD’S Healthy Living Action Team. Special thanks to BUD DIRSCHERL - Member who plays a key role in completion of Tips & Opps. Find us on FACEBOOK. Connect with others interested in health. Share resources while keeping up with events & programs offered in and around the county. Want to post a monthly Fitness Opportunity? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Haywood is a program of the Haywood County Health Department and certified Healthy Carolinians Partnership.