Speech & Language Support Group for Adults
|MedWest-Haywood Fitness Center Classrooms|
|Jun 11, 2012|
|1:30 PM - 2:30 PM|
Difficulty communicating can be a problem for people of all ages and for a lot of different reasons. However, many older adults will acquire a communication disorder later in life following stroke or brain injury.
Do you or someone you know have any of the following difficulties?
- making your speech understood by others;
- understanding what others are saying;
- coming up with the right words when talking;
- remembering details of what someone has told you;
- speaking smoothly and fluently.
The Speech and Language Support Group for Adults was created to provide adults in our community with an acquired communication disorder a supportive and non-judgmental environment to socialize, learn, and improve their communication abilities.
For information, contact Leigh Odom at (828)227-3834 or KMOdom@email.wcu.edu