Town of Canton is accepting applications

Jul 16, 2014

The town of Canton is currently accepting applications for volunteers interested in serving on the planning board, zoning board of adjustment, or the newly created Camp Hope Commission. Not all appointments carry residency requirements and term limits vary.

For the planning and zoning boards, the town is seeking individuals who reside within the extraterritorial jurisdictions (ETJ) of the Rough Creek Watershed (Haywood and Buncombe County sides), Pigeon River Watershed and the Old Asheville Highway.

Those who wish to be considered for a vacant seat on one or more of the aforementioned boards and/or commissions, complete an application for board/commission appointment, which is available on the town’s website at and at Town Hall, located at 58 Park St., Canton.

Complete applications may be mailed or handed in at Town Hall or faxed to 646-3419. All submitted applications will be kept on active file for one year.


Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.