Viva Las Vegas
When you think of Las Vegas, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Money, big hotels, casinos, late wild nights?
Well for the Kings of Fantasy its racing this week.
So, what happens in victory lane stays in victory lane.
The NASCAR circuit heads to Las Vegas for the Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
The tri-oval track consists of one and a half miles of non-forgiving asphalt. This track will run very similar to last week’s Atlanta Motor Speedway.
We will again be focusing on speed, and lots of it.
The “new” spoiler packages will be on cars again this week, which were first tested out in last week’s race.
It still hasn’t been determined how these will affect the drivers and their cars. Look to see some of the same tendencies teams used last week to adjust to the new packages.
Cars should still be spaced out so don’t expect to see a lot of clanging and banging, bumping and grinding on the track.
All of us in the Kings of Fantasy are expecting drivers to run a clean race.
The projected weather in Vegas this Sunday is sunny in the high 80s and we expect this to have an impact on tires as the asphalt will get extremely warm as the hot and dry desert sun bakes the track.
Let’s take a look at my colleague from Kings of Fantasy Scot “Wolfman” Worley’s Top 5 drivers he expects to run well in Vegas on Sunday.
Worley’s Top 5 Targets
- Brad Keselowski (DK $10,400): “Wolfman” didn’t really have to say much on Keselowski other than “dude c’mon, did you see how well he ran last week? No doubt he brings his A game again at Vegas.”
According to Wolfman, Keselowski historically runs very well at this track. Fire him up in almost all of your DFS lineups.
- Joey Logano (DK $10,000): Another driver that runs well in Vegas. Logano keeps a good handle on his car here.
Expect Logano to qualify high and most likely put up good practice numbers. Again with the new packages on cars, were still expecting a few wrinkles to happen but Wolfman think that Logano can overcome them and have a good finish at the checkered flag.
- Kevin Harvick (DK $10,700): Harvick is coming off two great races this season.
However, both ended with heart wrenching losses especially in Atlanta with a speeding penalty in pit row which took him out of the lead in the final laps.
Harvick has kept his name in the front of the pack in the first two races this season.
He has had a great car but Harvick has to finish the deal.
Don’t be surprised if Harvick is doing victory donuts in the infield after the race and gets his first win in 2017.
- Matt Kenseth (DK $9,000): Wolfman points out that of all drivers in Sunday’s race, Kenseth has lead the most laps at Vegas. He finished third in Atlanta, so expect Kenseth and his Toyota to run fast again this weekend.
- Kyle Busch (DK $10,100): Through the first two races, Busch hasn’t performed up to his expectations. He’s struggled at Daytona and in Atlanta.
However, Wolfman doesn’t howl at the moon when he goes into his contrarian mode of thinking.
“It’s only going to take this guy one race to get him back to where he wants to be and I think Vegas is a great place for him to do that,” said Worley.