Volunteers needed at Sarge's
Sarge’s Animal Rescue Foundation is seeking volunteers to help with services to save Haywood County dogs and cats from euthanasia. The cat committee particularly needs volunteers.
Volunteers should be aware that the cat cleaners and shelter photographers work in the mornings.
The following are immediate volunteer needs:
• Daily PetSmart cat cage cleaners — 8:30 a.m., seven days per week, to clean cages, sterilize bowls, empty kitty litter and provide adequate bedding.
• Adoption event dog attendants — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., primarily Saturdays, to greet potential adopters, introduce them to pets, tend to the needs of the animals and cleanup at the end of the event.
• Shelter photographers — 9 to 10:30 a.m. Monday through Friday to photograph newly surrendered dogs and cats at the Haywood County Animal Shelter and enter into PetFinder.com.
• Long and short distance transport drivers — Transport animals long distance to other states so that there are more potential adopters. Transport animals to Asheville and back so they can be spayed/neutered. Transport animals to specific breed rescue organizations.
• Event proposal coordinator — Coordinate events proposed by organizations to support Sarge's, prepare reports for approval of board.
• Bookkeeper familiar with QuickBooks to help with high volume transactions (e.g., annual Dog Walk).
For information, call Sarge’s at 246-9050 or Jean Larsen at 926-5030. Sarge’s Animal Rescue foundation is at 256 Industrial Park Dr., in Waynesville. Visit www.sargeandfriends.org.