Volunteers, the lifeblood of non-profit success, needed now
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any non-profit and without them the effectiveness of the organization is minimized. Volunteering should be fun and done lightheartedly as well as in a professional manner. After-all, you are doing something extra in your busy demanding life. As we approach the season of thoughtful reflection on our blessings we urge you to remember that animals share our lives and need our help too. Please consider volunteering with Haywood Spay/Neuter. We strive to increase the numbers of healthy cats and dogs spayed and neutered to reduce the numbers of pets being placed in our local shelter and put at high risk of being euthanized.
- Transports – Skills needed: not many, just a cooperative spirit and few muscles. When? 7:30a.m. - 9:00a.m. Every other Wednesday morning and/or 11:30a.m. - 1:00p.m. every other Thursday to help load/unload pets and assist pet owners.
- Crate Cleaning – Wash crates so they can be clean and ready for the next bi-weekly transport. When? Bi-weekly on Thursday afternoons from 1 to 2 p.m.
- Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) – Help lower our county’s high cat euthanasia rate. It can be done if you can help us trap neuter and return free roaming cats to their colonies.
- Office – Skills needed: Good telephone manners, a willingness to assist clients, ability to make change, good organization and minimal computer skills.
- Board Member- If you have an interest in helping govern and guide Haywood Spay/Neuter to assure that our mission is achieved and help raise money to keep it going we need you. The time commitment is not large but the need is.
- Newsletter/Website - Have writing skills? We need an editor. Know what’s good on websites, we need someone to review and suggest changes on a regular basis.
- Special Events – Do you enjoy festivals? Volunteer to help at our booths give out information about Haywood Spay/Neuter’s programs and sell handcrafted items, etc. Do you like to fix tasty hors d’oeuvres or desserts and show off your culinary talent? Cater one of our socials or events. Love parties? Help plan and/or host a small or large fundraising event.
- Publicity – Are you good at telling people, media reps and others about something you feel passionate about? Do you keep reminding people about your passions? Maybe you’d like to help keep Haywood Spay/Neuter on the minds of others all the time.
- Grant Writing – Love makes the world go ‘round, but money works wonders to encourage good works and social change. If you have the gift of persuasion in the written form, we need your talent.
Call Penny or C.J. at our office (828)-452-1329 to discuss where you would like to serve.
Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 12 Noon to 5 p.m.
If you can't volunteer, spread the word! Haywood Spay/Neuter is Haywood County's Only low-cost spay/neuter service.