Why Local? Agripreneurship Seminar
|Haywood Community College, Student Center Auditorium, Right Rear Section|
|185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, North Carolina 28721|
|Apr 01, 2014|
|6:00 PM - 8:00 PM|
Speaker’s panel led by Tina Mascareli of Buy Haywood
-Value Added Production
“Why Local?” Agripreneurship Seminar
From budding enthusiasts to seasoned agripreneurs—this interactive seminar is designed to provide education and support to entrepreneurs interested in farming or agriculture related business. Bring your ideas, successes and challenges for a solution-focused round table segment. Whether you are starting from scratch or currently operating a business, we will discuss the latest agriculture-related data and explore strategies to transform your individual operation into a thriving venture! Take home resources will be provided.
Topics will include:
• Why Local? Understanding consumer demand in the current locavore movement.
• Developing or expanding your market identity.
• Building a strong consumer base.
• Marketing strategies and social media.
• Increasing sales through diverse market partnerships.
• Buy Haywood as an industry partner.